My 7 random facts are (in no particular order):
1. I am a perpetual postponer. I put everything off until the last possible minute. But while I operate very well (at my best) under pressure, I really do hate procrastinating.
2. I have suffered from ADD all my life. I was not diagnosed until after college, however. I have passed this lovely trait on to my son Christopher. Like me his is a very calm person. But he fidgets a lot. And gets distracted all the time. So if you are in a deep conversation with me and I do not keep my eyes focused on you at all times, it is not my intention to have “wandering eyes” as I really can not help it. It is a constant struggle. We have just put my son on meds and they are making a world of a difference. He tells me he can pay attention and people aren’t “bothering” him anymore. I love him and I am proud of him and I secretly want to steal one of his focusing pills! But I will stick to my uber strong Starbucks instead!
3. I would like to publish my stories someday. I have written short stories and some children’s stories. They are all boxed in the basement at the moment.
4. Maybe even a cookbook too. With my kids.
5. I would love nothing more than to have to my house to myself for an entire day with no spouse and no children. I would watch Oprah and Martha and take a lovely Jacuzzi tub and read my book and snooze!
6. My maternal grandmother is my inspiration. (I’ll blog about this amazing woman later on.) She died 4 years ago and I still miss her tremendously. I think she is my guardian angel.
7. I am not a religious person. I am by heritage Jewish. I was brought up celebrating Christmas. And have never practiced though both my parents did when they were children. Good thing as Christmastime is absolute most favorite time of year! My husband is Catholic. My children will be able to decide (when they are old enough to do so) which religion they would like to follow. I will insist, however, they learn all about their heritage on my side. It is too important to ignore and forget. I want my children to understand how tragic the Holocaust was. I want them to understand that racism can not be tolerated. I also
Wow, I had no intentions of this being such a “deep” post… but there we have it 7 random things about me that you may not have known!